Vision Homes Training Department prides itself on the high level of quality, value based training it provides, using both internal staff trainers and external training agencies.
It aims to:
- Promote high standards of support to those supported by Vision Homes Association.
- Ensure Person Centered values underpin all areas of training seeing all aspects of care provided from the perspective of the person being supported.
- Provide opportunities for all Vision Homes Association staff to access statutory training as required.
- Provide further development opportunities for staff who hold statutory training qualifications.
- Involve the people we support in staff training.
These are achieved by :
- Offering a range of pre-arranged courses throughout the year.
- Responding to individual services requests for training sessions.
- Distributing details of external training courses for staff to access.
- Providing staff training as part of their work hours.
We aim to provide training that staff feel comfortable about engaging with, which is directly related to their work role and the needs of the people they support.
Training provides an opportunity to network, share ideas and approaches, validate practice as well as add in new knowledge and skills.
Staff are encouraged to discuss any areas of concern about their work enabling Training with our in house Trainer to be an additional support system as well as quality monitoring and safeguarding system.
Vision Homes Association also provides training to external organisations having developed “See It My Way”. A day’s course intended to promote awareness and understanding of:
- The effects of visual impairment.
- Eye care and eye disease.
- Practical sighted guide skills.
- Basic environmental considerations.
The course can be run with an emphasis on Learning Disabilities or Older People.
Bespoke courses in respect of those we support, or staff can be arranged.
A very practical experiential and values based course which has always gained excellent reviews from attendees. Contact us to find out more about our Training courses and how we can work with your organisation.