Vision Homes Training Department prides itself on the high level of quality training it provides, using both internal staff trainers and external training agencies.
It aims to:
- Promote high standards of support to Vision Homes Association service users
- Provide opportunities for all Vision Homes Association staff to access statutory training as required
- Provide further development opportunities for staff who hold statutory training qualifications
- Involve service users in staff training
- Offering a range of pre-arranged courses throughout the year
- Responding to individual services requests for training sessions
- Distributing details of external training courses for staff to access
- Service users delivering part of Person Centred Planning and Vision Homes Association Training Weeks sessions
- Providing staff training as part of their work hours
We aim to provide training that staff feel comfortable about engaging with, which is directly related to their work role and the needs of the people they support.
- The effects of visual impairment
- Eye care and eye disease
- Practical sighted guide skills
- Basic environmental considerations
The course can be run with an emphasis on Learning Disabilities or Older People. Bespoke courses in respect of specific service users or staff can be arranged.